Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Wonderful World of Being Prego

Hey Friends!

Since we are all in the stage of life right now (so exciting!) where elastic waistbands make up the majority of our wardrobes, the first thing we think about is "when can I take a nap" and the changes happening in our bodies are beyond comprehension - I thought it would be so fun and helpful to share how are pregnancies are going! I can't believe we are all pregnant at the same time! Having girlfriends is amazing, and then having girlfriends who are going through the same thing, at the same time is even more incredible!
So, feel free to post anything and everything - from questions, to answers, to weird off-the-wall symptoms or things that you experienced that the rest of us might find helpful. I want to hear all about it and I know that I will appreciate and value your insight and experience so far! And, this will hopefully give us something to look back and laugh on too :)
Love you girls!

1 comment:

  1. Is THIS how I'm supposed to do this?!

    Hello, preggers! I tried to sign up for an account but it said I already have one...I guess my email address has been used by Amanda Mateus...let's see if this works?! Mar - is there a way for me to publish a post, or this only for you since you're the author? I'm thinking that's it...man, I'm behind the times.

    Happy, Happy B-day Martha!! Hope 29 brings you mucho happiness.

    So....hmmm....where to start?! Since Jilly and I are a little ways ahead hopefully we can try to answer questions you might have as you go. It's so great to have comfort in knowing that someone else is going through the same things you are, and on top of that, to know that those things are actually 'normal' right now. Off the top, I can't think of anything that has weirded me out too much - definitely have an outie belly button, definitely have more varicrose veins, and definitely DON'T have a bigger chest...yet!! I'm still holding out hope on that one which I'm told will happen for a brief time post-pregnancy :) Dry eyes anyone? I've heard rumors about pregnancy emotions, but I don't really think that has affected me...well, until last night when I locked myself in the bathroom crying for a good 1/2 hour because it was a Saturday night and I was bored and we had nothing to do, and my husband didn't seem to care...really big stuff!! ha! I expect more of that to come.

    What else...so, I haven't done a ton of maternity shopping, but I have found some good deals at target.com (Stephany Messer told me about this one - mega deals in their clearance section), and also through Gap. Gap has been having decent sales, plus I had coupons on top of that, otherwise, I probably wouldn't spend full price there. I've picked up a few things at Motherhood Maternity, but even more at Penneys, a place I've rarely shopped before. But, the styles aren't bad and most shirts from there are big and baggy but not technically maternity.

    Cravings, anyone?! I have to admit it's so cliche, but the only consistent craving I've had is ice cream. Never have been an ice cream eater before, I'm thoroughly enjoying this new found icy cold treat. Blizzards, sundaes, malts...I'll take them all ! :)

    I don't really have any tips on nursery planning. Maybe if there's a way to post pics on the blog (I'm sure there is - I just need to be told how to do it) we can all share pics of our rooms!

    Alright, ladies - would love hear your thoughts on baby prep! I've been thinking about meal planning, thank you card making, announcement sending, etc etc. Feeling like I should be doing more, but not getting much accomplished! Jilly and I have our first class - Breastfeeding - tomorrow night. Wonder if they'll take one look at me, and tell me nicely that I can probably just go home! :)

    Love!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete